Thursday, December 16, 2010

Pets more trusted than people

I once got asked in a job interview if I liked pets. And it wasn't for a job at a pet store. Despite getting the answer wrong (according to the person doing the interviewing), I still got the job. This leads me to an article in today's paper in which a poll suggested that pets are more trusted than people. I'm not sure what this says about human interaction, but at least I know that my wallet and cell phone, which I keep next to our fish tank, are safe.

I wasn't sure if at night our fish, the name of which I'm not sure, because my five-year old son has a new name for it every day, would rifle through my wallet and pinch a couple of 20s, or maybe use my phone to call friends on the Great Barrier Reef.

But this article allayed any fears I had, and I can trust that our fish will indeed stay in the tank. This couldn't be said of our last fish, which was flushed recently. When we opened the lid to feed her she would jump out of the water. In fact, on one occasion she jumped right out of the tank, landed on the counter, and bounced onto the floor. Utilizing the five-second rule, my wife brushed the fish off and plunked it back in the tank. Now that I think about it, maybe the fish was trying to go for my wallet.  

Vancouver Sun: Pets more trusted than people, poll finds

No comments: