Friday, September 11, 2015

Cuba's a beauty beyond the beach

Oh my, so much time has passed since my last post.

15 years ago, in a galaxy far far away (before kids), my wife and I visited Cuba. We wanted it to be more than just a beach vacation. We wanted to experience as much of the Cuban culture as we could, so we spent five days staying with a family in Havana. It still ranks as one of our fondest vacations.

I wrote about our experience after returning home, but didn't do much with the piece. Fast forward more than a decade and with the U.S. reopening its embassy in Havana, I dusted off the piece and the Vancouver  Sun is publishing the article.

You can read the online version: http://www.vancouversun.com/travel/Cuba+beauty+beyond+beach/11356957/story.html

My wife, Carrie, took the photos that accompany the article.

Enjoy...









 

No comments: